Here’s a scenario that should be familiar to anyone who’s traveled with their family or with a group of friends. Every time your group enters a new space – an airport lobby, a house rented through Airbnb, a hotel, an outdoor cafe – everyone pulls out one or more devices and starts connecting to the local WiFi network. It’s a time-consuming and tedious process, and too often not a secure one. Here’s a better answer: the ASUS RT-AX57 Go travel router. This versatile, portable router is an easy addition to your traveling gear, and it’ll greatly simplify the process of keeping your devices securely connected when you’re on the move.
Excellent wireless networking in the palm of your hand
The ASUS RT-AX57 Go is a slim and easy traveling companion. Its sides are 120mm long and it’s only 21.5mm thick, so it’s easy to hold in one hand. In those compact dimensions, you’ll find everything you need for worry-free networking. As a dual-band WiFi 6 router, the RT-AX57 Go is well-equipped to provide a reliable signal to many devices simultaneously. It can access the recently opened 160MHz channel for significantly increased network capacity and speed, too.
Three ways to stay connected with this travel router
It’s the RT-AX57’s versatile connectivity options that make it so valuable when you’re on the move. Sure, you can certainly use the gigabit WAN port to hook it up to a hardline internet connection and use it as a traditional router. There’s even a built-in wall mount so that you can easily position it to unobtrusively provide a great signal.
When you’re on the move, you almost certainly won’t have an Ethernet cable to plug in. But you will have the RT-AX57 Go’s USB 3.2 Gen 1×1 port that’s ready for 4G/5G automatic mobile tethering. Activate tethering on your smartphone and connect it to the router’s USB port, and WAN sharing will be automatically trigger – no extra setup steps required. This will let you share your smartphone’s 4G/5G connection with all your devices, even the ones without a mobile data connection of their own.
The RT-AX57 Go travel router also gives you a much more secure way of connecting to public WiFi networks. When you activate its public WiFi mode (WISP mode), it establishes a secure network for your personal devices. When you connect a device to this private hotspot, you’re protected by our trusted subscription-free network security features. Public WiFi becomes not only more secure, but more convenient. Every time you move into range of a new public WiFi network, you won’t have to reconnect all your devices – you’ll only have to activate public WiFi mode on the RT-AX57 Go.
To make it easy to access these connectivity options – and many of the other functions of the RT-AX57 Go – we include a slide switch on the side of the device. Through the GUI, you can preconfigure the slide switch to activate the feature that you use the most. With a flick of a switch, you can get the functionality you need in the moment, all without needing to re-enter the GUI.
A world of possibilities with your travel router
With its tri-mode connectivity, the RT-AX57 Go travel router is a powerful and convenient solution for many different scenarios. Here are just a few of the possibilities:
- Traveling. With the RT-AX57 Go, you can ensure continuous connectivity for all your devices while you’re traveling. Public WiFi mode will give you easy and secure networking anywhere that there’s an open network. The rest of the time, mobile tethering will let you use the 4G/5G connection of your smartphone to keep your laptop and other devices connected.
- Remote work. Part of the draw of remote and hybrid work arrangements is that you can get your work done anywhere, but unfortunately you don’t always have a secure network connection – that is, unless you have the RT-AX57 Go. Leverage site-to-site VPN support to connect to a designated server, enabling access to specific services or data from any location.
- Small business owners. Customers appreciate having WiFi access when they’re in your cafe or the lobby of your business. But unless you have dedicated IT staff, you might feel like it would be too difficult to set up a secure public WiFi network for your customers. The RT-AX57 Go makes the process easy. With support for Guest Network Pro, you can establish distinct networks for staff, guests, and IoT devices. You can even set up a guest portal with a personalized entrance page just for your business.
- Everyday networking. Even when you’re back at home in range of your main router, the RT-AX57 Go can still make a difference for your everyday networking experience. Since it has AiMesh support, it can act as a AiMesh node with a compatible router or mesh WiFi system. That means it can help give you great internet access in the hard-to-reach corners of your home, like your backyard patio or finished basement.
- Smaller spaces. Sometimes, you need a secure, reliable network, but you don’t have the space to devote to a traditional router. The RT-AX57 Go’s compact and slim dimensions make it a great fit for spaces where larger devices would take up too much room.
Comprehensive software support
However and wherever you use the RT-AX57 Go travel router, you’ll have access to a complete set of software tools. First and foremost is security. This system offers robust AiProtection network security features, a commercial-grade suite that leverages powerful cybersecurity solutions and cloud data centers from Trend Micro to shield your smart home and all connected devices from cyber threats. You get free automatic security updates, malicious site blocking vulnerability protection, and built-in tools to detect and block infected devices — all without a subscription fee.
Parents will appreciate the robust, common-sense, hassle-free parental controls they get with the RT-AX57 Go. These free parental controls take the guesswork out of protecting your kids. You’ll find preset profiles based on age that will automatically apply filters for inappropriate content and set suggested daily screen time schedules for your kids’ devices. Through the included internet activity dashboard, you can easily keep tabs on your kids’ browsing behaviors.
Advanced security features and parental controls are just the start. The RT-AX57 Go supports a wide range of the latest popular VPN protocols, including WireGuard® and OpenVPN. With support for more than 30 VPN service providers, such as Surfshark, users have the flexibility to select the optimal service tailored to their specific needs. When using public WiFi, the ASUS Instant Guard mobile app also gives you a one-click sharable secure VPN.*
Learn more about all the new tech we’re announcing at CES 2024
The ASUS RT-AX57 Go travel router gives you versatile networking no matter where you go. This innovative device is just one of the many new products that we’re announcing at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show. Click here to learn more about our latest laptops, monitors, peripherals, wireless routers, and more.
For more information on the pricing and availability of the ASUS RT-AX57 Go travel router, please contact your local ASUS representative.